(As presented in the student homework task sheet)
- Distinguish between the words “passive” and “active” in relation to the movement of materials across a cell membrane.
- What is the energy “currency” in living organisms?
- With reference to high and low concentrations, in which direction do materials move when active transport is taking place?
- Which component of a cell membrane is necessary for active transport to take place?
- List three examples of active transport taking place in living organisms.