Student homework questions:
(As presented in the student homework task sheet)
- a) Which hormone is released when blood glucose levels rise? b) i) Which organ responds to insulin? ii) What does this organ do with the excess glucose?
- a) Which hormone is released when blood glucose levels fall. b) What effect does this hormone have?
- What is diabetes?
- Complete the table below to compare type I and type II diabetes:
Type I Diabetes Type II Diabetes
- a) What is hypoglycemia? b) List four symptoms of hypoglycemia.
- a) What is hyperglycaemia? b) List four symptoms of hyperglycaemia.
- Outline 2 ways a diabetic person may test their blood glucose levels.
Additional premium revision notes and practice question sheets related to this topic will be published soon. Check back in a few days.