Student homework questions:
(As presented in the student homework task sheet)
- What is an enzyme?
- Name the site of the enzyme that a substrate fits into.
- Explain why the shape of an enzyme is important.
- What name is given to the structure when an enzyme and a substrate are joined together?
- a) Explain, in terms of collisions, why enzyme-catalysed reactions will be slower at a lower temperature. b) Explain why enzyme-catalysed reaction rates will decrease when the temperature becomes too high.
- Complete the graph below to show what effect an increase in substrate concentration would have on the rate of an enzyme catalyzed reaction.